NJMCDirect is an online portal where you can pay your traffic tickets or fines online. Usually, you need to visit the courts to pay the fines. But, using NJMCDirect Portal, you can pay them easily in online mode. This post will explain everything related to it. For further details, read the complete post.
NJMCdirect is nothing but the ‘New Jersey Municipal Court Internet traffic ticket information and payment site’ which allows you to search for a traffic ticket or time payment order. And, you can make the traffic ticket payments online by entering the required details. You can save a lot of time by paying your tickets online. To pay the tickets, you need to have the eligibility and also you need to know the requirements. Below, we have discussed all of them in detail. We have also detailed the payment procedure for your ease.
NJMCDirect – Eligibility
NJMCDirect allows to pay the tickets online but everyone cannot access this payment option. To be eligible for paying the traffic ticket fines online at NJMCDirect, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- The violation is a payable violation.
- The officer who issued the ticket did not indicate a court appearance was required.
- No warrants have been issued for the ticket.
- The ticket may be on a Time Payment Order.
NJMCDirect – Pay Traffic Tickets Online
NJMCDirect is the safest and fastest way to pay your traffic tickets online. Unlike traditional methods, you need not wait for a long time. You can finish your payment in a very few minutes. To pay your traffic tickets/fines through NJMCDirect Portal, you will require these things:
- A PC or a Laptop or a Smartphone with Internet access.
- A Web Browser – Internet Explorer/Netscape/Firefox/AOL are recommended.
- A valid Traffic Ticket with a Court ID and a Ticket Number along with the type of traffic violation that you have attempted. This is an essential thing which is mandatory for payment because it is used as proof. And, the most important thing is it must be legal and valid. It is given by the officers whenever you violate the traffic rules.
- License Plate Number is also required and it can be easily found on your driving license. You can find your License Plate Number under the vehicle information.
- Credit Card or Debit Card. You can use MasterCard or VISA Card for paying the traffic ticket fines online.
- Open any recommended web browser on your device.
- Visit the official website of NJMCDirect or click on the official website.
- At the top right of the page, you will find an option which says ‘Traffic Ticket Search’ or ‘Time Payment Order’, click on it.
- There, you need to enter the Court ID, Ticket Prefix Code, Ticket Number, and License Plate Number in the required fields.
- After that, click ‘Continue’.
- Then, you will have two options – 1. View NJMCDirect Ticket and 2. Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment.
- The first option will only show the ticket and the second option will start the payment process.
- Choose the second option to proceed with the payment.
- Immediately, pay the traffic ticket fine online by entering your Credit card or Debit Card details.
- Submit the details and complete your payment.
Note: Remember that the traffic ticket is usually available between 1 to 4 days after it is issued. If you cannot find your traffic ticket then try after a few days.
NJMCDirect – Convenience Fee
Additional convenience fee or service fee will be charged by NJMCDirect. Yes, you need to pay an additional charge if you choose to pay the traffic tickets online at NJMCdirect.com. That is, the convenience fee is added to the penalty amount, for processing a payment through NJMCdirect.com. The fee is based on the penalty amount of the ticket or time payment order. A convenience fee schedule is as follows:
- For Penalty Amount of $1.00 – $40.00, a Convenience Fee of $1.00 will be added to the payment.
- For Penalty Amount of $41.00 – $87.00, a Convenience Fee of $2.00 will be added to the payment.
- For Penalty Amount of $88.00 – $200.00, a Convenience Fee of $3.00 will be added to the payment.
- For Penalty Amount of >$200.00, a Convenience Fee of $4.00 will be added to the payment.
NJMCDirect – Payment Hours
The NJMCDirect portal will allow you to pay the traffic ticket online but the payment option is not available for 24/7. However, you can make an inquiry on traffic tickets or time payment orders at anytime that NJMCdirect.com is available. The payment at NJMCDirect can be done on the following hours:
- Mon-Thur: 7:30am – 11:45pm
- Fri: 7:30am – 10:45pm
- Sat: 7:30am – 3:45pm
- Sun: 1:00pm – 11:45pm
NJMCDirect Customer Service – Contact Details
If you have any issues at NJMCdirect.com, then you can contact the NJMCDirect Customer Service Team for the support. The customer representatives will provide the required assistance. Below are the contact details of NJMCDirect Customer Service:
- Phone Number – 973 284 4945
- Fax – 973 284 4914
- Office Address – NJMC Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor, 228 Chesnutt Street
- NJMC Office Hours – Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM
That’s all about the NJMCDirect. We hope that this information was useful for you. If you still have any questions regarding this post, drop them in the comment section.
Thanks for visiting our site:)